Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 80 / Relay Box Problems
Author: James Hall <nwtncc@iswt.com>
Date: 28-Sep-2002 09:02:36
Rick:

I have seen this problem before - with the SWR pegging. My problem
boiled down to a bad coax connector at the antenna interface.

Jamie
WB4YDL

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 08:40 PM, Rick Tavan wrote:

> Just put up a Sigma 80 for tuning at about 25'. Eventually it will be
> at 75 or 80'. Two problems so far:
>
> 1) The relay box is supposed to add 40 kHz for in-mode switching and
> 275 kHz for Cw/SSB switching. Mine seems to be adding roughly 100 kHz
> and 350 kHz using an MFJ analyzer (and nearly 1:1 SWR). Any
> suggestions?
>
> 2) With the relays open (coils in the circuit) I adjusted the main
> coils for resonance at about 3520. Listening, I hear a clear band
> noise peak around there. If I transmit even a single dash at 20w or
> more, the SWR needle on the xcvr hits the pin and the band noise goes
> away ... for 12 seconds! Then it comes back. This is quite repeatable.
> In fact, just listening for a few minutes, the band noise seems to ebb
> and flow quite noticeably. But the change on xmit is quite pronounced.
> It seems as if something is acting capacitively and then discharging.
> Weird. Any thoughts?
>
> 73,
>
> Rick N6XI

* 28-Sep-2002 James Hall
27-Sep-2002 Rick Tavan
This Author (Sep-2002)
  Subject   Date
Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas 03-Sep-2002
* Sigma 80 / Relay Box Problems 28-Sep-2002