Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C4SXL vs C4S
Author: Jack Wilson <unixwiz@bellsouth.net>
Date: 02-Oct-2002 00:11:58
Hello all,

I am in bit of a quandary here. I am torn between ordering the C4SXL and the
C4S. I will have it on a 50' self supporting tower using a hygain ham IV
rotor to turn it. I guess what I am wondering is if anyone on this list has
had a C4S and then "upgraded" to the C4SXL. How much difference did it make
on 40? Is the extra "gain" on 40 worth the extra $$$??? I realize this is
quite subjective and I am already sold on purchasing a F12 antenna, I am
just torn between the 2. I am a dx'er and a small pistol contester. My
current antenna is a Butternut HF9V which I have worked about 230 on it
barefoot. I am looking forward to having a beam up. Any thoughts would be
welcome. If you wish to take it off list, please e-mail to k4sac@arrl.net

tnx es 73,

Jack K4SAC

10-Oct-2002 Francisco Costa