Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: New Five Band Antenna
Author: Ted Sloan <tedsloan@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: 02-Oct-2002 10:17:23

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt W. Zimmerman" <w2mw@amsat.org>
To: <STRutledge@aol.com>; <Force12Talk@qth.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 1:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Force 12 Talk] New Five Band Antenna

> I'm using the F12 Sigma 5 and love it. What would you like to know about
it?
> Kurt - W2MW

I have used this antenna - the SIGMA 5 - since the Spring of this year. It
works very well for it's modest size and excellent for the small garden and
low profile. It's import price to the U.K. at US$510 makes it very pricey
however. I have worked, from Europe, Ecuador, Japan, Taiwan, India , North
America and Australia using a digital mode and 35 watts. Very often I can
hear the DX but with modest power am not always heard by them. An amplifier
would help a lot in this respect. I am not sorry that I have made the
purchase.

73 Ted
GI4AHP

02-Oct-2002 Kurt W. Zimmerman