Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12 Low Profile towers
Author: Roland J. Guidry <rguidry@mindspring.com>
Date: 08-Oct-2002 15:45:05
I also have the tallest tower Force 12 makes. Everything works fine and as
advertised. I have a Cushcraft 2 meter beam and a Force 12 C3E on a 9 ft.
mast with a Yaesu 800SDX rotator.

I have it cranked up to 35 ft and have seen it take 60 mph winds. The tower
is bolted to a 18" x 18" x 36" slab and braced to my house with a homemade
bracket. Recently, cranked it down to 18 ft. for hurricane Lili with no
known problems to report.

I personally contacted Force 12 and they advise not to grease the cables.
They will not rust, corrode or cause you any problems they stated. Seems the
cables are used on aircraft and have that kind of quality.

Roland, WA5CHX