Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Was F12 Verticals
Author: Jason Hissong <jhisson1@columbus.rr.com>
Date: 13-Oct-2002 13:09:06
Thanks for the great replies guys, direct and to the list. Instead of
replying to everyone individually, I will reply to the list (as it may be
relevant to others out there). I also got some replies from the tower talk
list as well.

It seems that going with a beam is worth it when you use a mast (to keep
costs down). I take it with a mast, the rotator is on top right? What type
of mounting on the ground do you need? As far as guying is concerned, if I
attach a mast to the back of my garage, can I guy the tower to parts of the
house? The Force12 Low Profile Towers seem like a good compromise. I would
probably go with the 41' version. I would want to mount it to the back of
the garage (if it is that small, I could probably mount it to the side of
the house where the garage and house meet.) I have an MQ1 already that I
bought cheap, but I like the idea of a 5 band antenna.

With the military masts, could I attach it to the side of the house somehow?
Anything I can make retractable and safe, I can use. And I do not think the
city is actually going to come out and measure that the antenna is exactly
35' high when extended :)

Thanks!

Jason Hissong
N8XE