Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR vs. TIC Ring
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 20-Oct-2002 07:51:36
In a message dated 10/19/02 10:02:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> From: "Pat Thurman, K7KR" <thurman@primenet.com>
> To: Force12Talk@qth.com
> Subject: [Force 12 Talk] C31XR Boom Truss?
>
> Has anyone put up a C31 and turned it with a Tic Ring?

On what kind of tower? Just met with Joe Rudi, NK7U, who bought a bunch
(six?) C31's based on having them turn around his 45G and they won't make it.
Wanna get a deal on some C31's? Contact Joe.

> How are you doing the boom truss? It will be off center by a fair bit
> if I put it on due to the cradle mount on the ringrotor... The
> alternative would be to leave it off, but I'm not sure how much that
> derates the boom...

You can mount the boom truss mast wherever you want - its placement isn't
critical. If it's way off-center, I'd make a truss with two segments of cable
and turnbuckles for each side; that way you can adjust each side individually
rather than the 'normal' F12 way.

Cheers,
Steve K7LXC
TOWER TECH -