Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Effect of tilted antennas?
Author: Andy Faber <andrew.faber@gte.net>
Date: 20-Oct-2002 12:06:14
I've been a happy Force 12 user for a decade, but now have a question about
one of my antennas. I have a 65 foot tower with a 3 El 20/2 El 40 on a 28
foot boom at 65 feet, an 80 m rotatable dipole a few feet above it, and on
top of the mast, about 9 or 10 feet above the 20/40 is a 3 el 10/3 el 15 on
a single boom ( I think this is the one shown on the web site as the Mag
315/310, on a 19 foot boom).
In contests, I have always felt loud on 20, but not on 10 and 15. For the
last few years, the 10/15 has been tilted about 20-30 degrees from the
horizontal. I haven't bothered to fix it because I don't want to climb
above the tower myself. What effect do you think this tilt would have on
performance? If I do replace the 10/15, what would be a good replacement to
give better performance?
I'd appreciate any ideas.
73, andy, ae6y

* 20-Oct-2002 Andy Faber
This Author (Oct-2002)
  Subject   Date
* Effect of tilted antennas? 20-Oct-2002