Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stacking C-3SS
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 21-Oct-2002 00:36:36
In a message dated 10/20/02 10:02:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> From: "Mike Baker" <yoyotoji@hotmail.com>
> To: force12talk@qth.com
> Subject: [Force 12 Talk] Stacking C-3SS antennas
> Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:44:57 -0700
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I live on a small city lot, so the C-3SS is really the only option. A few
> questions....
>
> 1) What is the minimum spacing between the antennas I can have where I
will
> see the benefits the stack?

I think there is some good info at Jay, WX0B's website -
www.arraysolutions.com I think. Seems to me the distance was 26 feet or
similar.

> 3) As you can tell, im trying to squeeze this system into the smallest
space
> I possibly can. Has anyone else had success doing this on a
> small city lot?

Besides using linear loading on the longest elements, something else you
can do to shrink the antenna footprint is to bend the ends downward. I've
done this several times and you won't even notice any difference. Just be
careful when bending the ends down 90 degrees or you'll kink and break them.

Cheers,
Steve K7LXC
TOWER TECH

* 21-Oct-2002 K7LXC@aol.com