Index Thread Archive Oct-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2002Index by Author for Oct-2002Index by Date for Oct-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Vertical Comparison
Author: Scott Jones <Scott.Jones@Dobson.net>
Date: 24-Oct-2002 14:17:45
While I am working on all the permitting for a new tower, I am in the market
for a new vertical. I currently have a VERY old 80-10 vertical that has
never worked well and finally broke. (Thanks goodness) I am very impressed
with Force 12 in general, but have no experience with their verticals. I
would like to find something that would work well from 40 through 10. WARC
is not important, but if it were available, I'd hack around on those bands
too.

I've considered a Butternut HF6V or HF9V, but would like to hear about the
F12 verticals available. From what I've seen there is not yet a Sigma 40 -
10 antenna that is auto band changing. However, the V3 does 20/15/10 and
looks interesting. Coupled with a Sigma 40, this might be a nice combo.
You could also do the Sigma 40 with the Sigma 5 (20-10 including WARC).
This combo would be a lot more than the Butternut, but you usually get what
you pay for, even with antennas. Does anyone have any suggestion or
experience with these antennas.

Any and all input is most appreciated.

Thanks. Scott, N3RA

24-Oct-2002 Jim Brannigan