Index Thread Archive Nov-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Nov-2002Index by Author for Nov-2002Index by Date for Nov-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12 you have a greeting card from
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 08-Nov-2002 12:38:51
At 12:07 PM 11/8/02 -0600, James Fonte wrote:
>Force12,
>
>James has sent you a greeting card -- a postcard from Friend-Greetings.com.
>You can pickup your greeting card at Friend-Greetings.com by clicking on the
>link below.
>
>http://www.friend-greeting.com/203746/pickup.html?code=Force12&id=0811025
>
>Message:
>Force12
>I just sent you a greeting card - please pick it up.
>James

If you have received this from the list, I advise you not to open the link
contained in the body of the message. Separately, Ed, AB8OJ sent a message
to the list warning that the link is a v*i*r*u*s - like critter and giving
a link to information on it. Comparison with the thing described on that
link reveals some small discrepancies which suggest that this *may* not be
the same creature, and may therefore be MORE dangerous.

James IS a member of the list, at the address given. James, when you read
this please let me know whether you sent this greeting to the list, or
allowed it to be sent by downloading this greeting card software. Thanks!

Pete

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower

* 08-Nov-2002 Pete Smith
This Author (Nov-2002)
  Subject   Date
C3/C3S Mods? 25-Nov-2002
* Force12 you have a greeting card from 08-Nov-2002
postings on reflector 11-Nov-2002
Test message for KF6RID -- if not him, please IGNORE 04-Nov-2002