Index Thread Archive Nov-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Nov-2002Index by Author for Nov-2002Index by Date for Nov-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Phasing a C31XR and C3SS
Author: N2TK <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: 16-Nov-2002 12:59:46
Tnx Guy for the info. I knew going into this that it was a possible shot in
the dark. But out of it I got some stacking gain on 10 and 20m. Plus, I can
point to two different directions on all 3 bands and have instant switching.
So, all is not bad. I just never expected that 15m would show such a
negative gain. If the stack on 15 was near as good as each antenna I would
have been satisfied. But, signals drop quite a bit when the 15's are phased.

I sure miss my monobanders of several years ago. Life was simpler then.
Maybe some day I will have time and get someone here to help me with a
remote signal so I can check it out, the WX0B way. Would be interesting to
see how out of phase the 15's are. I am sure that with the 15m driven
element on the C3SS being fed with jumpers from the balun, compared to the
C31 having no direct connection on the 15m driven element (element is
shorted at its center) is causing the problem.

73
Tony
N2TK