Index Thread Archive Nov-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Nov-2002Index by Author for Nov-2002Index by Date for Nov-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 5 from C6A
Author: Mark Perrin <mperrin@ordata.com>
Date: 30-Nov-2002 08:14:41
Our Cinco Nueve Contest Group, see www.qsl.net/k7ar, operated in the CQ
WW CW test last weekend. We used the Sigma 5 for a mult antenna when
the beam was in use, and we used it extensively on 12 and 17 outside the
contest. It worked great, set up about 100 feet from the surf's edge.
Easily set up about 95 feet from operating position - had added another
50 feet to the control cable. The Sigma 5 was mounted by holding it up
with three nylon lines tied to shrubs and tent stakes. No prolbems,
even in the torrential rains of the storm that hit us one day. Did a
fine job. Wish the power had done as well; we lost 6 hours to power
outages on the island, including the last 6 hours of the contest. Still
great fun.

Mark N7MQ/C6A

* 30-Nov-2002 Mark Perrin
This Author (Nov-2002)