Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stacking C-19XR
Author: Charles T. Allen <allencpa@nbtx.com>
Date: 12-Dec-2002 10:29:38
Natan:

I have talked with Tom several times about the idea of stacking 2 C-19XRs on
my Rohn 45G tower. My thought was to turn the lower antenna with a TIC Ring
rotor. Before I acquire the rotator I want to confirm that the 21 inches of
center clearance on the C-19XR will be adequate to turn around the Rohn 45's
18 inch face without problems. Have you any experience with this sort of
arrangement?

Without modifying the element spacing or building some sort of bracket on
which to rest the boom above the cradle, the boom would not fit in the TIC
Ring cradle. I propose to build a flat plate to bolt to the cradle and weld
a piece of 2" OD steel pipe vertically to the flat plate as a sort of "mast"
on which to mount the lower C-19XR. As long as the weld was strong enough
this seems like a solution that would not create a need to modify the
C-19XR. Any thoughts?

I have the model you produced as an illustration of stacking the C-19XR, and
it appears that 37 feet of separation was used. I intend to use 30 feet
here, which is not so great for 20 meters, but ought to be better on 10. In
any event that is the configuration that will best fit my tower and mast.
The antennas would be at 88 and 58 feet. Do you have any criticisms of this
plan?

I would appreciate the benefit of your experience in this.

Thanks and 73 de Chas W5DV

* 12-Dec-2002 Charles T. Allen
This Author (Dec-2002)
  Subject   Date