Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Error message re posting
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 16-Dec-2002 06:33:13
The list software used for Force12talk has been set to reject messages
written in HTML and any messages which carry attachments. When it does
this, the error message to the sender speaks only of attachments -- in
fact, either type of mistake generates the same error message. There's no
way to change this at the server.

In recent days you may have noticed a series of messages from me labeled
"Configuration test -- ignore." These are part of an effort by KA9FOX,
whose server the list runs on, to permit HTML while still banning
attachments, because of their virus potential.

We *think* this is working properly now, so only messages with attachments
should be rejected. If your HTML message (Outlook Express defaults to
HTML) was bounced back to you after you saw those "Configuration test"
messages, please let me know. If it was before that, and they really have
no attachments, please try them again and see if they go through. And if
not... again, please let me know.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower

* 16-Dec-2002 Pete Smith