Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 40XK = Excellent!
Author: Rich Holoch <rholoch@attbi.com>
Date: 19-Dec-2002 08:56:35
Wow - check out my review at eHam.com. I was hoping (almost praying) that
this antenna would outperform my low hanging wire antennas for 40 and 30M
DX. It does by a consistent 2 S units on EU stations. This means there are
new DX stations that used to be buried in the noise and are now workable.

My hopes were that if one performed at least as good or better than my wire
antennas that I would buy another and play with phasing them the simple
way - by switching between 2 oriented 60 / 240 degrees (where I need the
"new ones"). This antenna exceeds my expectations (I thought it would only
equal my wire antennas and not show any real gain). Actually - it may not be
a gain improvement - but the TO angle must be where the difference is made.
I don't have fancy test equipment to verify my results - just on the air
"A/B" DX hunting tests.

Anyway - a VERY happy new Force-12 customer. Now I want to get rid of my
(trapped) MA5B and get a C3S (hi hi).

73,

Rich

* 19-Dec-2002 Rich Holoch