Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR and Ice
Author: Peter Chamalian <W1RM@attbi.com>
Date: 25-Dec-2002 11:51:08
I'm seriously considering a C31XR to replace the antenna that was
smashed by the November 16-17 ice storm in NE Connecticut. Based on the
comments of some, it appears this antenna will stand up to 2 inch ice
and 30-40 mph winds. I'm on a 1k foot hill and open in all directions.

I'd appreciate any comments from C31XR owners with regard to how the
antenna stands up to this sort of condition.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Pete, W1RM

26-Dec-2002 WD4K
* 25-Dec-2002 Peter Chamalian