Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR and Ice
Author: Guy Olinger, K2AV <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: 26-Dec-2002 19:21:35
I just went through the Carolinas ice storm that put a million and a
half people out of power for up to ten days. It snapped foot thick
loblolly pines on my property 30 feet up the trunk. Cleaned off all
the dead branches. Only reason there wasn't a lot more damage was that
Hurricane Fran came through here a while back. Most of what came down
in Fran WOULD have come down in this storm if Fran hadn't happened.

My C31XR looked droopy but bounced right back when everything melted.

Not my favorite kind of winter storm. Only out of power a day and a
half. I was one of the lucky ones.

73, Guy.