Index Thread Archive Dec-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2002Index by Author for Dec-2002Index by Date for Dec-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rain Static WARC 2/2/1
Author: Roy D Lincoln <wa4dou@juno.com>
Date: 30-Dec-2002 21:39:48
My C3SS on top of a 52 ft. tower suffers from severe precipitation static
as thunderstorms approach but I'm not put off by it as its time to get
off the air then anyway. I have assumed that its more pronounced by
virtue of the insulated elements. I'll have a better opinion in that
regard in a year or two as I'm planning to take the C3SS down next year
and replace it with an EF320 or 420 as the solar cycle declines. I think
those antennas have the elements at ground(boom) potential and employ
beta matches. 73 Roy WA4DOU

31-Dec-2002 Bill P. Hall
30-Dec-2002 Dan Zeitlin
* 30-Dec-2002 Roy D Lincoln