Index Thread Archive Mar-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2003Index by Author for Mar-2003Index by Date for Mar-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR stack?
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 07-Mar-2003 06:28:57
At 07:05 PM 3/6/03 -0600, WD4K wrote:
>Recommended spacing is 30-40 feet but I don't have the model handy. I
>think 35 is the preferred happy medium distance. However, we did some
>modeling and just don't see much difference in 30'.

Just one side comment. For the next few years, it doesn't make too much
sense to have optimized the spacing giving equal weight to all three
bands. 40 feet would probably give better results on 20 and decent outcome
on 15, while 45 would be even better for 20, but the 15m pattern starts to
deteriorate pretty badly. 35 feet has a fairly big second (higher) lobe on
20. The nice thing, though, is that these antennas aren't terribly fussy,
unlike short-boom tribanders that care a LOT about element spacing.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm

07-Mar-2003 Pete Smith
* 07-Mar-2003 Pete Smith
06-Mar-2003 WD4K