Index Thread Archive Apr-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2003Index by Author for Apr-2003Index by Date for Apr-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: R5 mounted above C4SXL - good idea or bad?
Author: Mel Whitten <mel@melwhitten.com>
Date: 07-Apr-2003 17:55:06

Jim, I have to agree with Jim/Barry... I seriously doubt you will find
much use for the vertical. I have a Hygain Hytower which has always
served me well (I actually have -2- of them), but rarely use the Hytower
since I installed the C4XL at 72 feet. I think you may have a concern
for those high voltage strokes of terror the vertical may encouter. I
have an "H" frame mounted above my C4XL with ten foot of separation from
the lowest (2m horizontal) yagi and found no "noticeable" interaction
with it or the frame itself.

Mel, K0PFX