Index Thread Archive Apr-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2003Index by Author for Apr-2003Index by Date for Apr-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: R5 mounted above C4SXL - good idea or bad?
Author: W0YG Charlie Summers <w0yg@plusten.net>
Date: 08-Apr-2003 08:45:10
Folks:

In the ARRL modeling course, there is a section on what happens when one
raises a HF vertical 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 wavelength above ground. Without
looking it up again, a little red flag comes up in my mind that there are
going to be problems. This should be investigated before the installation
is done because the results that I remember were quite negative.

Cushcraft in their manual for the R5 surely states the height above ground
that is recommended. This might be the optimum height at which the antenna
is to be mounted for a reason. If I can find my reference in the L.B. Cebek
book, I will post it here. However being some 400+ pages long, it is a
chore to lookup some items.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>

08-Apr-2003 Guy Olinger, K2AV
* 08-Apr-2003 W0YG Charlie Summers
08-Apr-2003 Pete Smith
08-Apr-2003 Dale L Martin
08-Apr-2003 Jim Brannigan
07-Apr-2003 Barry Kirkwood
07-Apr-2003 Jim Smith
07-Apr-2003 Mel Whitten
07-Apr-2003 Barry Kirkwood
07-Apr-2003 Jim Brannigan
07-Apr-2003 Jim Smith
This Author (Apr-2003)
  Subject   Date
* R5 mounted above C4SXL - good idea or bad? 08-Apr-2003