Index Thread Archive Apr-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2003Index by Author for Apr-2003Index by Date for Apr-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-31's and Mag-340N
Author: Dan Levin <djl@andlev.com>
Date: 11-Apr-2003 00:32:11
We have a 2 stack of C-31's and a Mag-340N at N6NF's place. The C-31's are
at ~82' and 40', the Mag-340N is at 72'.

The Mag-340N is a monster. Heavy, unwieldy, a real bear to deal with. It
is also an amazing antenna - it performs magnificently from Tom's mountain
top. You may have heard him in a recent contest - he almost always runs 100
watts and is still one of the loudest signals out of W6-land on 40 meters.

If I had my drothers in your config, I'd put the 340N at the bottom of the
mast, with your second C-31 above it. With 6-8' of spacing, you should be
fine I'd think.

GL,

***dan, K6IF

* 11-Apr-2003 Dan Levin