Index Thread Archive Apr-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2003Index by Author for Apr-2003Index by Date for Apr-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 5 Height
Author: Guy Olinger, K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: 24-Apr-2003 15:52:29
Now that you mention it, your ground situation is not modelable in the
normal mode.

Using a regular level ground, and a vertical wire in the model will
NOT tell you what you want to know.

Try setting up the vertical angled in such a way as to be opposite and
equal of the ground slope. then look at the lobes and skew the horizon
up in your mind. E.g., slope the model to make the ground level and
the wire sloped. And translate back from the result.

And you STILL need to pay attention to the ground screen.

73, Guy