Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force 12 vs. Tennadyne
Author: Peter Chamalian <W1RM@arrl.net>
Date: 05-May-2003 05:15:01
I've replaced a battered and broken Tennadyne with the C31XR. The
Tennadyne has a fatal flaw -- with the elements mounted inside the boom,
the boom will wear and break over time. I had this happen once and had
to replace the rear boom section. After the ice storm last November,
the Tennadyne was badly bent. It was taken down and I inspected the
rear element -- sure enough the boom was breaking again.

The logs loose 2-3 db per band when compared with comparable tri-banders
so that's why I've gone with the C31XR which by all reports is a killer.
I'll figure out something for the WARC bands.
Good Luck!

Pete, W1RM