Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force 12 vs. Tennadyne
Author: Kenny K2KW <K2KW@prodigy.net>
Date: 05-May-2003 16:08:41
Andrew,

Unfortunately you cannot compare gain figures from
different souces, as they most likely have different
reference specs. Force 12 numbers are "conservative"
relative to others, but are more realisitic. More
important, Force 12 exactly explains how it derives
it's gain figures, where others do not.

The Force 12 RK-10L, their 10 ele LP on a 30' boom,
has 2.1 to 3.0 dB Net Gain. Comparing Force 12 to
Force 12, the delta is on the order of 4 dB, which is
BIG. LP's are totally compromised antennas from a
gain perspective and a well designed LP simply cannot
compete with a well designed Yagi.

Kenny K2KW