Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force 12 vs. Tennadyne
Author: Peter Larsen <ve6yc@shaw.ca>
Date: 05-May-2003 19:30:29
>Instead of comparing apples and oranges, what I'd prefer to see is _L. B.
Cebik's_
>calculation of the C31XR gain, not Force12's.....

Why not drop by: http://www.championradio.com/
and pick up Ward (N0AX) and Steve's (K7LXC) HF Triband Performance
report?
This is a test of real world "gain" over a 4873 foot path.
Antennas tested were a reference di-pole, and:
Gem Quad
TA-33
C-3
KT34XA
Skyhawk
TH-11
TH-7
Pro-77
X-9
C-31XR
Pro-57B

Sorry, but no Logs in the report.
I know that the XA and Mosley crowd don't like the report, but check out the
F-12 gain figures vs. the report figures.

Well worth reading and thinking about, but not the be all end all to HF
antenna
testing.

BTW the top 3 antennas in the large boom category were:
C-31XR, X-9, Skyhawk in that order.
Short boom category were:
C-3, TA-33, Gem Quad.
(the C-3 would have been 5th in the large category, just ahead of the TH-7,
and out does the KT34XA on 20 and 15.)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Peter
VE6YC

05-May-2003 WW3S
* 05-May-2003 Peter Larsen
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Bud Hippisley, K2KIR
05-May-2003 Kenny K2KW
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Jim Schnaidt
05-May-2003 Peter Chamalian
05-May-2003 Kjeld Holm
04-May-2003 KEN SILVERMAN
04-May-2003 WA9ALS - John
04-May-2003 Biff Craine
04-May-2003 Peter Larsen
04-May-2003 Law Offices of J D Lambright, PLLC
This Author (May-2003)
  Subject   Date
* Force 12 vs. Tennadyne 05-May-2003
Force 12 vs. Tennadyne 04-May-2003