Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force 12 vs. Tennadyne
Author: Jim Brannigan <jbrannig@optonline.net>
Date: 06-May-2003 03:28:17

It has been a long standing policy of the ARRL not to publish any gain or
F/B figures in their advertising.

There are lies, damned lies and antenna gain claims (apologies to the
original author)

Jim

> Kenny,
>
> What you say is true. However, I would very much trust the figures that
> W4RNL quotes as all his figures are derived from computer models (just
> like F12). Also, don't the ARRL refuse to accept gain figures from
> manufacturers unless they are supported by computer models? Therefore I
> have no reason to doubt the figures in their own publication. Besides,
> the larger antenna in the ARRL Antenna Book is showing a little bit more
> gain than the smaller antenna of W4RNL which going by the difference in
> boomlength seems about right. As the T10 is somewhere in the middle
> with regards boomlength, it's not unreasonable to assume the gain is
> somewhere in the middle also. This is not like comparing tribanders
> with different trap designs (and hence, different losses), these logs
> all use non-loaded elements and appear to have a very similar design
> constant.
>
> Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
> Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

* 06-May-2003 Jim Brannigan
05-May-2003 Roy D Lincoln
05-May-2003 WW3S
05-May-2003 Peter Larsen
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Bud Hippisley, K2KIR
05-May-2003 Kenny K2KW
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Andrew Williamson
05-May-2003 Jim Schnaidt
05-May-2003 Peter Chamalian
05-May-2003 Kjeld Holm
04-May-2003 KEN SILVERMAN
04-May-2003 WA9ALS - John
04-May-2003 Biff Craine
04-May-2003 Peter Larsen
04-May-2003 Law Offices of J D Lambright, PLLC
This Author (May-2003)
  Subject   Date
dipole vs. Mosley TA33-SR 09-May-2003
F12 dependability 08-May-2003
* Force 12 vs. Tennadyne 06-May-2003
Question for the assembled wisdom 21-May-2003