Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: dipole vs. Mosley TA33-SR
Author: Barry Kirkwood <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Date: 09-May-2003 15:37:13
First question:
Were the dipole and the TA33 oriented in the same direction?
Second, how many comparisons were made? QSB?
Thirdly,
Were the antennae at the same height.

At ZL1ZLD ( The old ZLD coastal radio station) I had the opportunity to
compare a 20m dipole with a Japanese three element trap beam.
These ants were at the same height and orientation and were on either side
of a reinforced concrete building which would I think effectively shield one
from the other.
The beam was quieter on receive than the dipole, but there was little
consistent difference in signal strength on receive, ie on receive the trap
tribander showed no significant forward gain over the dipole.
73
Barry

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD