Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C4 tuning jumper recap
Author: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: 20-May-2003 16:51:19
Thanks to all that replied. The link is:
http://www.qth.com/force12/temp/techtips.htm
and was what I was looking for. I cant find this info on the new website.
The confusion comes into play when you read the manual. Tha manual specifies
the following dimensions for the spreader to jumper distance:

14" for 7.020
16" for 7.060
18" for 7.120

yet the picture in the link shows 3". At 3" the jumper fits without much
bending; at 16" you need to bend it quite a bit and it sticks up quite a
bit. I think I"ll start around 3" and see where to go from there. One
respondent indicated he had to go 26" but it was unclear what freq he was
setting up for.

Dale: when you build yours, check the link first. The directions are a
little different from the book. In step IV, 4b where it says to use 1/2"
follow the pictures at the link and leave about 5". It's easier to pull up
the slack from that end rather than the spreader end. Also note there are 2
different lenghts 1/8 rivets supplied. I'm not sure where the longer ones
go; it makes no mention of them in the manual. I used them in the section
closest to the boom where the tubing is doubles up with the inner liner.

73 Jamie WW3S

20-May-2003 Pete Smith
* 20-May-2003 WW3S
This Author (May-2003)