Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: High SWR
Author: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>
Date: 23-May-2003 09:19:48
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

My C3E, which was working great, all of a sudden developed SWR of 3:1 on
all bands and throughout all bands. (no dip varying the freq). Visually,
all elements are in place, wires out of balun are still connected..

It is at 9,000 ft. in Colorado, so no corrosion or salt. We have not had
any lightning yet either. It has been up only 2 years.

The only think I can think of is the balun. The ant. is at 100 feet on top
of a 40 mtr beam, it is not possible to get at and inspect. It will have to
be lowered. I thought If I have a crane lower it (put it up that way and it
was easy) I would like to be able to repair and get back up while crane is
still available.

I have replaced the coax to the shack..

Anyone experience anything similar to this?

Thanks
73 Ken
W0LSD

24-May-2003 K7LXC@aol.com