Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Answer to Kens' post-
Author: Dale L Martin <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: 24-May-2003 07:16:57

As I said in the private reply to you (this is the third message from you
I've received on this):

Actually, Robert, the properly applied crimp termination provides a better
electrical connection and mechanical connection than does a soldered/crimped
connection. The force applied to the crimp barrel and the wire creates a
weld at the molecular level that soldering does not and can not do.

Also, anytime you heat metal as you do in soldering, you weaken it.

http://qth.com/force12/list

24-May-2003 Bob Marzari
* 24-May-2003 Dale L Martin
24-May-2003 Roy D Lincoln