Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Magnum 240N Element Droop
Author: Robert Peterson - W3YY <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: 29-May-2003 17:03:09
Jim -

Thanks for the response. Yes, I was definitely giving some thought to
bending the ends of the elements. Glad to hear that I'm not crazy and other
people have done such things (or are we both crazy?).

The system I'm thinking about implementing is one 240N at 120ft and another
stacked below it. The lower 240N presents the turning radius problem. I
have to put it at around 75ft, just above the second guy level where the
turning radius problem exists, or go down to around 48ft below the first guy
level to clear guys. I'm worried that 48ft is a bit too low for lower
antenna in a 40m stack.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

73, Bob - W3YY