Index Thread Archive May-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2003Index by Author for May-2003Index by Date for May-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Magnum 240N Element Droop
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 30-May-2003 11:40:13
In a message dated 5/29/03 10:00:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, list@qth.com
writes:

> From: <w3yy@cox.net>
> To: force12talk@qth.com
> Subject: [Force 12 Talk] Magnum 240N Element Droop
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:17:14 -0400
>

> I'm considering placing a Magnum 240N midway up a guyed tower, but it
looks
> like I might have a problem with the guys not providing enough space for
the
> antenna's turning radius. It's going to be very close, so small things are
> important. In particular, I'm wondering how far the elements droop at the
> tip, relative to the boom. If they hang down a foot or two, I may in
business.
> Could anyone provide information on the element droop for this antenna?

An easy cure is to induce your own element droop. Bend the end of the
elements down yourself and it'll be a done deal. I've done this for 40M elements
that intruded over the property line and also with a longboom 20M beam where
the end of the last director would hook on the guy wire. Bend them out down out
of the way and you'll be good to go.

Putting sand in the element when you bend it will prevent kinking the
piece of aluminum.

Cheers & GL,
Steve K7LXC
TOWER TECH -