Index Thread Archive Jun-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2003Index by Author for Jun-2003Index by Date for Jun-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Stacking a XR5 and MAG 240N?
Author: Bill <k6km@cncnet.com>
Date: 16-Jun-2003 22:14:14
I don't know the XR5, but I'll guess that it's a tribander. If
I've guessed incorrectly please forgive me.

The most common problem with stacking a 40M ant and
a tribander that it results in the tribander playing very
poorly on 15M.

Tom told me that my 340N has no resonances on 15M.
To prove his point, we put a C3 about seven feet above
the 340N. You may have seen pictures of this arrangement
in F12 ads.

The 340N was unaffected by the C3 as one might expect.

We used the C3 as a mult-catcher while using other
ants for running. None of the several competent ops
felt that the C3 was degraded by its proximity to the
340N.

For a while the C3 was used as the top antenna in a 15M
stack and the stack appeared to be unaffected by the
presence of the 340N.

My jusgment: Go for it!

Bill K6KM / NG6O