Index Thread Archive Jun-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2003Index by Author for Jun-2003Index by Date for Jun-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C4SXL tuning for FD
Author: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: 25-Jun-2003 15:32:35
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my C4SXL together for FD. It doesn't look like
there'll be time to go through the detailed tuning procedure for the 40
(2 hours for someone who knows what they're doing to get the best F/B in
the right part of the band. I'm not that someone.)

Can anyone suggest settings which have a chance of working at 40 ft?
The relay box will be installed so we can switch between phone and cw
portions of 40.

I understand that if the reflector resonant frequency is too close to
that of the driven element the reflector can become a director in
certain parts of the band. If that happens, we're prepared to turn the
beam 180 to "compensate".

While we aren't likely to have the 40 optimally tuned, I think it ought
to still be considerably better than a dipole at the same height.

TIA for your help.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

25-Jun-2003 Roy D Lincoln
25-Jun-2003 Ken Kinyon - W7TS
25-Jun-2003 Roy D Lincoln
25-Jun-2003 Mark Levine, D.C.
* 25-Jun-2003 Jim Smith
This Author (Jun-2003)
  Subject   Date
* C4SXL tuning for FD 25-Jun-2003
F12 Tech Tips - Where are they? 22-Jun-2003