Index Thread Archive Jun-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2003Index by Author for Jun-2003Index by Date for Jun-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Does F12 have production problems?
Author: wa4dou@juno.com <wa4dou@juno.com>
Date: 26-Jun-2003 12:45:40

Mike,
The politics of the marketplace, the demand for a product, a manufacturers financial strength and the ebb and flow of events in the supply distribution chain of material to manufacturers all have a bearing on how long it takes a manufacturer to deliver a product. No manufacturer that makes many different products can possibly keep their fingers on an infinite number of pulse points in an effort to guarantee you a date of delivery. It would be unreasonable of you to expect that.
This isn't an isolated event. All antenna manufacturers and all manufacturers of all types of goods go thru periods when their best "guesstimate" doesn't work. Unforseen factors interfere. It would appear to me that as one grows older, accumulated wisdom suggests that we as individuals should plan ahead in our endeavors further to allow for the "unforseen" as well. I personally don't think planning ahead a few months for an antenna project is unreasonable. I've found it works for me. Then the "unforseen" can be taken in stride, rather than cause anguish.
I like Force 12's concepts, and I do believe we all as amateurs have benefited greatly from the truthfulness that Tom has injected into the antenna marketplace. There does seem to be some indication that Force 12 could benefit from careful consideration of providing a reasonable level of support/followup without having to subject themselves to trying to satisfy unreasonable amateur demands/expectations.
73 de Roy WA4DOU

26-Jun-2003 Roy D Lincoln
26-Jun-2003 Charles Morrison
26-Jun-2003 DaveLaBat
26-Jun-2003 Guy Olinger, K2AV
26-Jun-2003 Coker, Timothy J
26-Jun-2003 Tim Ellison
26-Jun-2003 Mihai Mateescu
* 26-Jun-2003 wa4dou@juno.com
26-Jun-2003 Henry Heidtmann
26-Jun-2003 Mihail Mateescu
This Author (Jun-2003)
  Subject   Date
* Does F12 have production problems? 26-Jun-2003