Index Thread Archive Jun-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2003Index by Author for Jun-2003Index by Date for Jun-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Does Force 12 have problems?
Author: Mark Levine, D.C. <dr.m.levine@snet.net>
Date: 26-Jun-2003 19:52:30
In the realm of FWIW-

I bought 2 antennas from F-12 shortly after they started the company. I have
an EF240/420 at 65 ft and a 4-BA at 75 ft on a Rohn 45 (800' ASL). Now
understand this goes back now about 9 years however, F-12 had no concept of
customer service at that time. I had the tower and antennas installled by
KC1XX Matt of XX towers who is no stranger to antennas. He travelled 200
miles to do the install and we had some questions and problems which we
could not get answered by calling F-12. The antennas did go up OK but,
because of a flaw in the 40m el design (lack of a stop or hose clamp on the
T spreader) it cost me an additional $500.00 service call to install 4 hose
clamps. F-12 never responded to calls or letters concerning the design flaw.
I finally gave up and will never purchase another F-12 product.

The caveate is, once again this was almost 10 years ago. I would hope
they've developed a sense of customer service but, from some of the posts
read here, it seems rather hit or miss.

Dr. Mark Levine
WB2EQE

26-Jun-2003 Guy Olinger, K2AV
26-Jun-2003 Mike Kasrich
26-Jun-2003 Eugene Jensen
26-Jun-2003 Jim Brannigan
* 26-Jun-2003 Mark Levine, D.C.
26-Jun-2003 Joe T Milam
This Author (Jun-2003)
  Subject   Date
C4SXL tuning for FD 25-Jun-2003
* Does Force 12 have problems? 26-Jun-2003
Stacking a XR5 and MAG 240N? 16-Jun-2003