Index Thread Archive Jun-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2003Index by Author for Jun-2003Index by Date for Jun-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: F12 problems
Author: Mihail Mateescu <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
Date: 27-Jun-2003 03:04:09
Thank you all for many replies to my post.

It appears that the majority have confirmed my suspicions that F12 company,
while having a technically superior product, is lacking in customer support.
I've also had some criticism concerning "unreasonable expectations" as to
the delivery time and trying to complain directly to the manufacturer
instead of to the distributor. Let me address this first:

Below you will find the text of an e-mail received from the distributor on
6/11:
==========
Hello Mike,
get to night answer by fax from USA.
Your antenna is ready and they will ship this week.
Antenna should come next week to Bucharest. Sorry for late answer but F12
USA dont inform
me before.
===========
Would it be reasonably to expect that the product shall be delivered at the
promised date, as confirmed by the distributor AND the manufacturer?

In another e-mail from the same distributor, received two days ago in
response to my complains to HIM, he explains that other shipments are
delayed as well, that he cannot get into contact with the manufacturer, that
he is unhappy with their attitude and perhaps a direct action of the end
user is called for. Hence my post. By the way, have you noticed that F12
(which without doubt monitors this list) did not bother to respond to
criticism from me and other customers?

Some final comments:

1. My attempts to communicate with F12 were about a related business: I was
trying to buy directly from F12 two baluns for the same antenna (I realized
very late that I would need those and was afraid that the baluns would not
come in time through the distributor). I have left my mobile phone number
while specifying that I could be called at ANY TIME. No response to my
e-mails and faxes.
2. No F12 distributor from USA was willing to sell in Europe (why? Your
guess is as good as mine). Therefore I was forced to use a German
distributor, that does not keep any stock, and paid about 30% more than USA
price.
3. I ordered a standard product. Even in this just-in-time-delivery era, I
expected from an industrial manufacturer (not a craftsman workshop) to have
a reasonable lead time. And, by the way, yes, I DID repeatedly convey my
urgency via e-mails to the distributor (and the manufacturer--see point 1
above).
4. I am acutely aware of the difficulties in the
manufacturer-distributor-end user relationship (running a distribution
business myself) but I believe is a cardinal sin to mislead a customer (see
the e-mail above).

I feel that I've fully explained my situation. Anyone of you may draw
his/her own conclusions. I suggest that we move on to other matters. After
all, it's only a hobby...

73 de Mike, YO3CTK

* 27-Jun-2003 Mihail Mateescu
This Author (Jun-2003)
  Subject   Date
Does F12 have production problems? 26-Jun-2003
* F12 problems 27-Jun-2003