Index Thread Archive Jul-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2003Index by Author for Jul-2003Index by Date for Jul-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: F12 Customer Service -- my experience
Author: Alan C. Zack <k6acz@earthlink.net>
Date: 02-Jul-2003 14:47:14
I respect all of your opinions and experiences. I like the idea of
having a local source that I could drive to and pick up an item if
need be. Also that F12 has a vast product line. However, with their
customer service record with me I would not do business with Tom
again. I suspect Tom was well aware of my problem but had bigger fish
to fry and my little problem always got shifted to the bottom of the
pile of things to do. Maybe Tom should learn to delegate the more
mundane stuff that needs to be done. He could hand my emails to a
GOFER and tell him to give me a call and find out what I need and send
it to me. Instead Tom makes all the conventions and tries to handle
all the problems on his own. I don't know if a business owner can be
successful trying to micro-manage like that. As an example, I was a
USCG Aviation Maint Officer with up 200 aircraft mechanics and
technicians working for me, maintaining C-130's and Dauphin
helicopters. I certainly could not micro-manage every little detail
of the aircraft maintenance and availability. I had a number of very
capable shop chiefs (CPO's) who I trusted to take care of the
details. I only got involved if they hit upon some stumbling block or
were getting static from Flight Operations to get a plane ready before
they could complete their work safely. After my retirement from the
Coast Guard I was employed as a procurement quality engineer for
Boeing and have vast experience dealing with vendors and sub
contractors. I controlled vendors who supplied electronics parts and
assemblies for use on the Delta Rocket guidance systems and the Intl
Space station. Had Tom shipped an assembly to Boeing and one of my
inspectors found a piece missing he would not be paid until he
corrected the problem. If he did not complete a corrective action
report on steps he took to prevent a reoccurrence he would be barred
from doing business with Boeing. I am only mentioning this as to not
be pegged as some wacko who knows nothing about how a business should
be run as I DO have experience in these matters. I am not saying that
as Ham's, we should be that strict to F12, but they do have a
responsibility to keep customers happy. As one poster so very well
stated, First Rule, The customer is always right. I agree, and in my
experience can add two more, the Commanding Officer is always right,
and the Production Line Manager is always right when it concerns his
parts!
Good Luck to the rest of you in your dealings with F12.

--
Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ

02-Jul-2003 Steve Rutledge
* 02-Jul-2003 Alan C. Zack
02-Jul-2003 Larry Weaver
01-Jul-2003 Tom Cox
This Author (Jul-2003)
  Subject   Date
Enough is Enough !!! 02-Jul-2003
* F12 Customer Service -- my experience 02-Jul-2003
F12 Response 01-Jul-2003
LPT-620 Mini Tower Customer Service 01-Jul-2003