Index Thread Archive Jul-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2003Index by Author for Jul-2003Index by Date for Jul-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C4-E
Author: kq6zz@gte.net <kq6zz@gte.net>
Date: 24-Jul-2003 12:50:30

Jamie. I have the exact same antenna as you do. I started with the standard measurements on the jumpers, and found that THAT, was pretty much a place to START. I called Tom on this issue, and he told me to go ahead and move the jumper wires OUT  towards the ends of the elements to bring it UP higher in the phone portion of the band where I wanted to operate. I  went out well past the starting measurements, to the point where I was resonant at 7.240 MHz. Then.... I adjusted the helcoil to bring my swr down to where it was 1.1:1 and everything is great!! It only has about 140 khz of band width, and I rarely use the tuner in the radio, unless I go outside of the 140 khz. Hope this is what you were looking for, and that it helps.

Good Luck!!
73
Gary --------- KQ6ZZ

* 24-Jul-2003 kq6zz@gte.net