Index Thread Archive Sep-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2003Index by Author for Sep-2003Index by Date for Sep-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS Golf Bag
Author: Kenny K2KW <K2KW@prodigy.net>
Date: 10-Sep-2003 18:26:33
Team Vertical uses the SKB cases for all the
antennas. They are great for traveling, as the
airlines don't blink an eye, because they are very
common. Even if we used the smallest one, usually we
hit 70 lbs (old weight limit for bags) well before we
filled up the volume of the case. I suspect (but
cannot guarantee) you will be OK with the 9" radius
case for the C3/4. The 9" case goes for around $100-
125 at discount shops or websites. BTW, the case
weighs around 12 lbs.

If you don't know, you can no longer lock your
suitcase on checked luggage. If you do, TCS will
force the lock open if they want to inspect the case.
The SKB lock/latch was never the sturdiest in the
first place... even before TCS set this rule, we
would always encircle the case to cover the latch to
prevent accidential opening. I would strongly suggest
that you do this for all 3 locks.

The cases generally hold up well after repeated
travels w/ 70lb loads. In the dozen or so cases we've
purchased over the years, I think 2 were damaged
enough where the airline paid to fix/replace it.

Kenny K2KW