Index Thread Archive Sep-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2003Index by Author for Sep-2003Index by Date for Sep-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: RE C4SXL and C3SS assembly.
Author: David Gould <david.gould@btinternet.com>
Date: 15-Sep-2003 14:14:45
I sympathise with Mike W8DN, I am having the exact same problem with my
C3SS. The assembly manual and the product do not agree.

I am assuming that the product is correct and the manual wrong, if so, the
10m and 15m reflectors have NO ADJUSTMENT as the three holes only fit one way.

The 10m and 15m drivers have four holes on the smallest outer tube and two
holes in the 0.5inch tube. This gives the opportunity to adjust the
element ONE WAY in EACH DIRECTION.

The manual has two instructions WHICH I THINK ARE WRONG
the 10m reflector has capability to adjust one hole in each direction. (In
fact none)
the 10m driven element has the capability to adjust two holes in each
direction. (In fact only one)

Can anyone confirm that my assumptions and conclusions are correct.
(I never have these problems with 160m antennas!!!)

73
Dave G3UEG

16-Sep-2003 Rick Tavan
* 15-Sep-2003 David Gould
This Author (Sep-2003)
  Subject   Date
* RE C4SXL and C3SS assembly. 15-Sep-2003