Index Thread Archive Oct-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2003Index by Author for Oct-2003Index by Date for Oct-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: OT: Guy/Grounding Question
Author: Tom Cox <tomcox@iquest.net>
Date: 12-Oct-2003 12:04:44

Steve,

Load the dissimilar-metal connections up with conductive grease -- Noalox is one brand, and ICE makes several types, too. Check them once a year (more often if you live in a harsh climate, like a maritime area or alkaline desert), and renew the coating. I use conductive grease everywhere I have metal to metal connections, but especially on grounds. It's especially important where you connect copper to galvanized steel, such as tower legs or guy wires.

73,
Tom, KT9OM

At 12:28 PM 10/10/03 , you wrote:
>Thanks for your indulgence.  I am in the process of trying to ground my
>3/16" steel guys.  I have a rod in the ground and #4 copper wire.  I
>have a temporary lash-up using a cable clamp.  However, I am warned that
>the copper wire will cause the galvanized guy to rust, i.e., dissimilar
>metals.
>
>Where do I find the clamps that keep the copper and the steel
>apart??????  I have seen them in the Rohn catalog but I can't locate
>any??????
>
>Thanks for your patience.
>
>Steve, N4JQQ

12-Oct-2003 Hank Phillips
12-Oct-2003 Keith Dutson
* 12-Oct-2003 Tom Cox
12-Oct-2003 Steve Rutledge
11-Oct-2003 Steve Rutledge
This Author (Oct-2003)
  Subject   Date
* OT: Guy/Grounding Question 12-Oct-2003