Index Thread Archive Nov-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Nov-2003Index by Author for Nov-2003Index by Date for Nov-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: XR-5 15m vswr
Author: Schrack, Stephen J. <sschrack@moravian.edu>
Date: 04-Nov-2003 11:57:04

Hello Gavin,

Yes I am currently experiencing this problem here with my XR-5 and another friend is also around 1.9 at the bottom of the band.  My situation actually is worse.  I resonate high on the band and at the bottom I am around 2.5 to 1.  After ensuring everything was correct the only thing I have come up with is to lengthen the tips of the 15 meter driver as suggested in the manual.  I have corresponded with Natan and spoke with Tom and when I get a chance I will try and lengthen the tips and report back on the problem.  If anyone else has information or has lengthened the tips of the 15m driver and can report on their success or failure I would also like to hear about it.  All other bands by the way are fine and within spec as per the manual.

Steve...

Stephen J. Schrack

User Support Analyst/CIT

120 West  Greenwich St.