Index Thread Archive Nov-2003 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Nov-2003Index by Author for Nov-2003Index by Date for Nov-2003   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 40XK
Author: Kenny K2KW <K2KW@prodigy.net>
Date: 08-Nov-2003 10:05:25
Yes, with the antenna analyzer you could easily find
the VSWR dip. If you can find a dip of 1:1, then it's
simply a tuning exercise for the T-bars or the loading
coil.

If the lowest VSWR dip (even outside the ham bands)is
still showing a VSWR of about 2:1, then you know there
is something wrong with the impedance. The Sigma
series is designed to be 50 ohms. If there is
something nearby like the tower that the Sigma is
interacting with, the impedance will drop, causing the
VSWR to increase due to a mismatch.

Kenny K2KW